Pardonnez-Moi, But I'll Be In France For A While

IMG_2622
The Auvergne, France
IMG_3087
The small French village in the Auvergne, where I will spend the next few weeks
IMG_2769
The village church
IMG_3151
The house that has been in my family for the last 41 years.

As many of you know, every year, I spend a few summer weeks in a small village in the Auvergne region of France,  where my family has owned an old stone farm house.  My parents bought the place in 1972, when I was just a small girl, so the place holds many memories.  Now, my own children are grown up and have formed the same attachment to the house, the village and the neighbors who live there full time.
I love Brooklyn, but  I must admit that I am never as happy as when I am there.

I am once again on my way to our house.
On Sunday evening, my husband and I flew from New York to Düsseldorf, Germany.  Tomorrow, Tuesday, we will continue on to Marseille in the South of France.  We have planned stops in Nîmes and Toulouse before arriving in the Auvergne on Friday.

I will be blogging throughout my stay in France.  I would love it if you visit often and leave comments.
I promise I will be back to Brooklyn soon.  Please feel free to send me news of home.