Back In The Auvergne, France

Finally back In The Auvergne
A sunny day in the Auvergne
Auvergne
Finally back In The Auvergne
Auvergne
Finally back In The Auvergne
Auvergne
On the way to the neighbor's house
Finally back In The Auvergne
My desk while in France

I meant to post photos of the last few days sooner, but somehow, I have not found the time. And last night, when I finally wanted to sit down at my computer, lightning knocked out the electricity for a few hours, so I lit some candles and forgot all about posting an update.
No more excuses, though. Let me tell you what I have been up to.
After spending a few days in the South of France, my husband and I finally arrived in the Auvergne and in the little village where my family has owned an old stone farmhouse for the last 41 years. Coming back here feels like coming home and many childhood memories are associated with this place. Reuniting with friends and neighbors is always a joy and much information about the last few months needs to be exchanged.
All have been complaining bitterly of one of the rainiest springs here in recent memory. Even though the Auvergne is not blessed with the best weather, it must have rained all the way through the end of June.
Luckily, since we arrived,  the sun has made an appearance, which makes it easier to settle into the house.
Because there is much to do.
Finally back In The Auvergne
Setting up the outdoor table for a lunch under the linden tree
Finally back In The Auvergne
Hanging the blankets outside for a bit of fresh air
Finally back In The Auvergne
Stocking the kitchen with basics
Finally back In The Auvergne
making sure not to forget the rosé
Finally back In The Auvergne
Adding flowers in planters on the stone wall
Finally back In The Auvergne
and in the big pots in front of the house
Finally back In The Auvergne
Replanting the basil and rosemary which died over the winter
Finally back In The Auvergne
all while taking the time to enjoy the sunset.
Finally back In The Auvergne
And when it gets cold at night, it's time to light the fire
Finally back In The Auvergne
and to reflect on the day.

So there you go. This is what I have been up to here.  I promise I will post more often in the next few days.  And for those who have been complaining that there has not been news of Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn, I will make sure to add some news from our neighborhood as well.