Adieu, L'Auvergne! Hello, Brooklyn!

IMG_3904
Auvergne
Auvergne
Auvergne
Auvergne
Auvergne
Ambert Market
IMG_3155
IMG_3880
IMG_3877
IMG_3879
IMG_3878
IMG_3881
For more than seven weeks, my quotidian life has evolved around an old stone house in a small village in the Auvergne region of France.  It was time to get back to Brooklyn, to slip back into my city life. Brooklyn life.
I won't lie.  It is a hard transition and no matter how long my stay in the Auvergne, I always wish I could stay just a few more days, a few more weeks.  Because, you see, as much as I love Brooklyn, this part of France and our house up on top of a hill, is never far from my thoughts when I am away.  Somehow, for me, life seems to be lived more intensely in the country.  I love the open sky, the fact that I can see rainclouds approach from far away, can admire the setting sun as it bathes everything in hues of orange and pink before setting beyond the horizon.
I shed a tear as I drove away from all this a few days ago. I am sure you understand.

Thank you for those of you who have come along on this trip.  I hope, like me, you have enjoyed yours summer and have been able to escape the City for a while.
I am now back in Carroll Gardens, sorting through mail and waiting for a cooler day to start weeding my Brooklyn garden.
I promise, I will start bringing news and posting photos of the neighborhood just as soon as I get settled and get over the jet-lag.

My, how the weeds have grown here in Brooklyn during my absence.
IMG_3906
IMG_3907